Disclaimer, Terms, & Conditions
MedFriendly.com does not recommend the self-management of health problems. Any individual that practices methods discussed on MedFriendly.com without the consent of a doctor or health care professional does so at his/her own discretion and the consequences of doing so are his/her sole responsibility. MedFriendly.com shall not be responsible for information obtained on this website under any theory or liability or indemnity. Liability of MedFriendly.com, if any, for damages, shall not exceed the fees paid by the user for the specific information or service provided. In no event shall MedFriendly.com be liable for any damages other than the amount mentioned above, and all other damages, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive, are hereby excluded even if MedFriendly.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages. MedFriendly.com shall not be responsible for any statements or materials posted in chat rooms, discussion boards, forums or other communities on this website under any theory of liability or indemnity.
All efforts have been made to ensure that the information presented on MedFriendly.com is current, accurate, and reliable. However, due to the rapidly changing nature of scientific knowledge, MedFriendly.com cannot be held responsible for the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, or completeness of the content on this website, nor for any actions made on the basis on information provided on this website. MedFriendly.com cannot and does not provide warranty against omissions, loss of data, interruptions, delays, or errors made by humans or machines.
Information obtained on MedFriendly.com is provided "as is" and without warranty, express or implied. All implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use or purpose are excluded. In addition, MedFriendly.com cannot and does not provide warranty against files that are downloaded from this website that can potentially have viruses, worms, infections, Trojan horses, or any other type of code that can lead to destruction or contamination in any form.
Discussion boards, forums, or communities of any kind on MedFriendly.com are not moderated. Thus, messages posted on any of these forums and in chat rooms are not checked for medical accuracy. The opinions expressed in these forums merely reflect the opinions of the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of MedFriendly.com. MedFriendly.com is not responsible for any statements or materials that are posted on forums on this website.
You understand that the internet contains some materials that are sexually explicit or which may be offensive you. These materials are accessed at your own discretion and risk. MedFriendly.com and information providers have no control over and accept no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
Terms and Conditions
Please read this agreement carefully before accessing or using MedFriendly.com. By accessing or using MedFriendly.com, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions written below and the disclaimer written above. If you are not willing to be legally bound by the disclaimer and the terms and conditions of MedFriendly.com, you are forbidden from accessing or using this website. MedFriendly.com may change or add to this agreement at any time, and such changes are effective immediately upon the posting of the modified agreement or upon any notification that you receive about such changes. It is your responsibility and you agree to review this agreement periodically to review for such changes. Any usage of MedFriendly.com after modifications are made to it shall be considered conclusive acceptance of the changed agreement.
1. COPYRIGHT, LICENSES, AND IDEA SUBMISSIONS: The entire contents of MedFriendly.com is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws. MedFriendly.com owns the copyright in the collective work. You are permitted to display and download information from MedFriendly.com (with the exception of expressly stated restrictions or limitations related to specific material), only of it is for your own non-profit and non-commercial use. You are NOT permitted to redistribute, publish, or retransmit information obtained on MedFriendly.com without our express written permission.
You agree to grant MedFriendly.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, transmit, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, and to display and perform publicly any information and/or other materials (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products or services) that you submit to public areas of MedFriendly.com by all means and in any media now known and developed hereafter. You agree that you shall have no recourse against MedFriendly.com for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communication to us
2. EQUIPMENT: You are responsible to provide, at your own cost, all telephone equipment as well as other equipment and services (such as Internet access service) that is necessary to access MedFriendly.com.
3. REVIEW: MedFriendly.com reserves the right, but is not obligated to review all communications and materials posted or uploaded to this website and to block or delete communications or materials that it considers to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) deceptive, fraudulent, or misleading, (c) in violation of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of another, or (d) offensive, objectionable, or otherwise unacceptable to MedFriendly.com in any way determined by us. Any information, messages, advice, or opinions, or other material contained in any discussion area on MedFriendly.com should not be construed as professional advice or instruction.
4. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MedFriendly.com, its officers, directors, employees, agents, advertisers, and suppliers, from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs including reasonable attorney's fees resulting from any violation of the MedFriendly.com disclaimer, terms and conditions, operating policies set forth below, or any activity related to you (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing MedFriendly.com.
5. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS: The provisions stated in sections 3 (REVIEW) and 4 (INDEMNIFICATION) above are for the benefit of MedFriendly.com and its officers, directors, employees, agents, advertisers, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
6. TERM; TERMINATION: The rules set forth in the disclaimer, terms and conditions, and operating policies shall commence upon your accessing MedFriendly.com. The disclaimer, terms and conditions, and operating policies of MedFriendly.com may be terminated by MedFriendly.com without notice at any time and for any reason. The provisions of the disclaimer set forth above and of paragraphs 1 (COPYRIGHT, LICENSES, AND IDEA SUBMISSIONS), 3 (REVIEW), 4 (INDEMNIFICATION), 5 (THIRD PART RIGHTS), and 8 (MISCELLANEOUS) shall survive any termination of the disclaimer set forth above, the terms and conditions, and the operating policies set forth above.
7. NOTICE: MedFriendly.com may deliver notice to you under this disclaimer, terms and conditions, or the operating policies set forth below via electronic mail, a general notice on MedFriendly.com, or by written communication. You may give notice to MedFriendly.com at any time via the following electronic email address: questions@MedFriendly.com.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: The disclaimer set forth above, terms and services, and operating policy set forth below shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between MedFriendly.com and you for any purpose concerning the disclaimer set forth above, terms and services, and operating policy set forth below or the parties' obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Broward County, Florida. Any cause or claim you may have with respect to MedFriendly.com must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. MedFriendly.com's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the disclaimer set forth above, terms and services, and operating policy set forth below shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the disclaimer set forth above, terms and services, and operating policy set forth below. MedFriendly.com may assign its rights and duties under the disclaimer set forth above, terms and services, and operating policy set forth below to any party at any time without notice to you.
9. OPERATING POLICIES: You agree to comply with the Operating Policies set forth after the end of this paragraph. The Operating Policies are the rules that govern the activities of individuals using MedFriendly.com. These Operating Policies may be amended by MedFriendly.com at any time. MedFriendly.com may delete and material communicated by others on this website that is deemed by its sole discretion to violate the Operating Policies. However, there is no guarantee that MedFriendly.com will delete such material. Any individual who violates MedFriendly.com's Operating Policies or other provisions of the terms of service may result in suspension or termination of the ability to access this website.
10. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS: MedFriendly.com is not responsible for the claims of third party advertisers on this website. Any offers of prizes must be settled with the third party advertiser and not with MedFriendly.com. If the third party advertiser refuses to provide a prize that was offered, MedFriendly.com is not responsible to provide the prize offered by another company. MedFriendly.com reserves the right to remove third party advertisers from this site who engage in consumer fraud.
The following Operating Policies govern your conduct on MedFriendly.com. Your failure to comply with these policies may result in suspension or termination of your access to MedFriendly.com, and depending on the circumstances, legal action against you.
1. ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS: Your participation in online communications, such as chat rooms and discussion boards, is not moderated. However, MedFriendly.com reserves the right to monitor the content on this website (including and without limitation, chat rooms and discussion boards) and to remove content which MedFriendly.com, in its sole discretion, considers to be abusive, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, misleading, deceptive, offensive, objectionable, or otherwise unacceptable, in violation of another user, or otherwise in violation of these Operation Policies for users of MedFriendly.com.
2. USE OF A FALSE NAME: Users of MedFriendly.com may not post or transmit any message anonymously or under a false name.
3. SENDING DEFAMATORY MESSGES: Users of MedFriendly.com may not post or transmit any messages which is libelous, defamatory, or which disclose private or personal matters concerning any person or group of persons. Users may not transmit any message, data, image or program that is indecent, obscene, or pornographic.
4. VIOLATION OF PROPERTY RIGHTS: Users of MedFriendly.com may not post or transmit any message, image, data, or program that would violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted text, programs, images, trade secrets, or other confidential propriety information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion.
5. VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS: You may not use the information, capabilities, and/or the facilities of MedFriendly.com to conduct any illegal activity or to solicit the performance of any activity that is illegal or which violates or encroaches upon the rights of others.
6. INTERFERENCE: Users of MedFriendly.com may not interfere with other user's use of MedFriendly.com, including and without limitation, disrupting the normal flow of dialog in a chat room.
7. TRANSMITTING VIRUSES: Users of MedFriendly.com may not post or transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features.
8. TRANSMITTING HARMFUL MESSAGES: Users may not post or transmit any message which is harmful, threatening, abusive, or hateful. It is not the intent of MedFriendly.com to discourage individuals from taking controversial positions or expressing what may be unpopular views. However, MedFriendly.com reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate where this website is used to transmit statements which are deeply and widely offensive and/or harmful or otherwise unacceptable.
9. TRANSMITTING SOLICITOUS REQUESTS: Users of MedFriendly.com may not post or transmit requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters, or letters relating to pyramid schemes. Users of MedFriendly.com may not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, or any other solicitation of other of users to use or purchase goods or services except in those areas (such as a classified bulletin board) that is designated for such a purpose.
The information contained on MedFriendly.com is presented in a form that is easy for people to understand and is only intended to provide a broad understanding and knowledge of medical terminology and health care topics. MedFriendly.com is designed to be an educational, user-friendly website that allows for greater dialogue to be established between patients and health care providers. The information on MedFriendly.com should not be considered complete, since it does not cover every disease, ailment, physical condition, or information on their treatment.
In no way, shape, or form, should the information on MedFriendly.com be taken as medical or psychological advice or as a substitute for advice provided by your physician or other health care provider. In addition, the information contained on MedFriendly.com should not be used to diagnose or prescribe treatment for oneself or others. You should never disregard or delay seeking medical information or advice because of something you have read on MedFriendly.com. Every visitor to MedFriendly.com is encouraged to promptly visit, call, or consult in any other way possible with his/her physician or other health care provider with questions and/or concerns. MedFriendly.com cannot provide specific information, advice, or professional services to individuals regarding their medical/psychological condition or treatment. Please note that the author, Dr. Carone, is not a physician.
"Where Medical Information is Easy to Understand"